Thursday, January 28, 2010

Process and Progress
I'm not sure how many know how I do the woodworking that I do -
I use a Scroll Saw to cut the wood. First, I'll put the pattern onto the wood, then cut each section out.














When there are a lot of small pieces, I'll number the pattern, then the bottom of each section once they are cut out. You can see where I've started shaping the individual pieces.

Here's the wood types I'ld like to finish the horse with. Birdseye Maple, Bloodwood, Yellow wood, and Purple heart. In order to do that, I need to go to the wood store! and that's where the website Kickstarter.com comes in! You can see my proposal in the side-bar. Feel free to check it out and if you have any questions, drop me a note or leave a comment!

Theresa

5 comments:

Athena's Armoury said...

That piece is going to be gorgeous!

Old Time Cindy said...

Lots of work goes into your art. I'm sure you love it. Lookin' good!
Cindy at Lakewood

The Great Ethan Allen said...

It's going to look awesome! can't wait to see the finished product!

Wood N Goods said...

Thank you everyone! I am anxious to get to the wood store to get the wood needed to finish it!

Grover said...

Great looking scroll work. I really need to get mine back out and work on it again. I always found it very relaxing to cut on the scroll saw. Maybe it's time to get it back out since I am getting rid of one of my lathes.