Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Segmentation - continued....

Place the segments on the extra copy of your pattern to keep track of what piece is what. I also mark the bottom of the wood with a pencil – I’ve found if I don’t do this I will shape the wrong side of the sections!

I’ve started shaping the sections using my dremel and sanding attachment. Use proper safety equipment – ear muffs, safety glasses, and breathing mask. Yes, this is what I look like while working! Lol
After rough shaping, assemble the pieces and mark with pencil where additional wood needs to be removed. Decide if any piece needs to be shimmed up, or lowered.
Finished with the shaping – now it’s time to sand. I use a belt sander for the larger pieces, but end up sanding each section by hand.




Tomorrow we add color!

No comments: