Wednesday, February 25, 2009


After a dinner of homemade lasagna and decadent chocolate cake on Fat Tuesday, I woke up today still feeling full. Which won’t last long – it is Ash Wednesday, the beginning of Lent, and a day of fasting.

Lent is a time to reflect on my life and to work at making it better. A time to give up some bad habit, and a time to improve what I can. The 40 days of lent are based on the 40 days Jesus spent in the desert, fasting and praying before he was put to death. I can’t spend 40 days isolated, but I will do what I can, pray more than usual, and fast not by giving up all food, but by giving up some of my favorites. And it’s a time to look forward to Easter and Spring.

Something else to look forward to – I am going to start a series of instruction on intarsia and segmentation - the woodworking that I do. I want to take the same pattern and make it using both styles, and posting the steps involved. Stay tuned!

No comments: